Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Wake Me Up When the Pandemic Ends

1/5/2021 If you're a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars, that title will get a song stuck in your head. 

So, in case you haven't been paying attention....there's been a pandemic spreading throughout the world. Yes, some of you believe it's a hoax and some believe it's nothing more than an aggressive flu. Me? I believe the science. I wear my mask. I keep my distance. Of course I live in the country with nary a neighbor in sight, so the distance thing isn't a hardship. And my husband and daughter are germaphobes so things stay fairly sanitized in my house. 

Anyway, with the lockdown Cabin-fever is getting a whole new meaning. Were it not for the internet and technology, the world would be a lot more batshit crazy than it is. Personally, I'm not really doing anything different. I still binge watch TV. I still curl up with a good book. I still cook dinner, do laundry, clean my house. I still face-time/text with my children, who each live in a different time zone. We even do monthly family game nights, like we did when they were young, only now it's on Zoom and we play JackBoxTV.  Last month I went to my son's house for a few days to see my granddaughter and celebrate her fifth birthday. (yes, all precautions were taken ahead of time). They introduced me to a new game you play on your phone
called Among Us. It's a who-dun-it type game with everyone stuck on a spaceship and one of you is a killer. It's a fun game, but should not be played with a five year old since the point is to figure out who the killer is before you're killed. My adorable granddaughter constantly ran through the house saying who killed her or who she killed. I don't think she quite understood the game. haha

So, what are you doing to pass the time? 

Regardless what you believe about the virus, stay safe. Stay healthy.

2 comments:

Reese said...

Funny. Every time my son hears a police siren he says, "I didn't do it" I always snap back with, "I did. But I blamed it on you!"

What have I been doing? Once I started to recover from the visionless 2020, I started writing, proofreading, and submitting again. Chinese fortune telling says this is going to be an up year for me.
Guess we'll see.

Terri Molina said...

Haha I need to remember that.
I wish I could get back to writing but just haven't found the motivation.
Best of.luck with the submissions!!!

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews