Wednesday, January 13, 2021

OOPS...I did it again

1/13/2021

 When I first started writing a blog I always titled it with a song or lyrics to a song...it became a sort of theme for the blog. Also because....who doesn't want a song stuck in their head all day?? 😱

This time, it's more of a "sliding into old habits' kinda thing. I went two days without posting a blog...not that the nine people who meander onto this page, noticed. As you may tell, I'm not all that popular. Never have been. I'm especially unpopular in my family....but we won't go there.

Anyway....How is your new year coming along? Mine? Meh. I keep telling myself I'm going to go back to writing, then spend the whole day doing something else that ends up vegging in front of the TV. I don't know why writing has become unenjoyable for me. I still have stories I want to write, and, for part of my day, think of scenes to write or dialogue to speak, but when it comes to opening up the file...I balk. Maybe the reason is because I'm unhappy. Unhappy with the world. Unhappy with life. Unhappy with me. 

I really have no reason to be unhappy. I have a wonderful husband, whom I love dearly (even when he gets on my nerves--haha). We've been together 30 years and have raised four wonderful children, one of whom has blessed us with an adorable granddaughter. My husband, aka sidekick, is still working, despite the pandemic. All of us, including my children, have stayed healthy. I have a roof over my head, food in the pantry....we're doing well. 

The issue is...Me. 

So, what am I supposed to do to "fix me"?  I tried meditation...lasted about a minute...I think I'm too ADD for that. I wanted to try yoga, but back, shoulder and knee problems make that difficult. I do try to go for walks, but always find an excuse not to. I'd try CBD, but it's not really legal here. 

Eventually I'll snap out of it  but for now,....I'm at a standstill.

What do you do to keep happy? What motivates you? 

No comments:

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews