Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is the official day of LOVE. That day when stores are crazy busy with men looking for the perfect gift for their significant other at the very last second and settling for a card and heart-shaped box of chocolate (because the flowers have gone up 100% in price).
You know there are some people who actually hate this holiday....and it's not the can't-find-love types either. My friend Toni rants yearly about it...which just cracks me up. Personally, I've never given much thought to the day except for where my kids are concerned. When you have elementary students you have to do the whole Valentine's Day thing, which can be fun when the teachers make it creative--like decorating your container where the valentines go. When I was a kid we just had brown paper bags and the kids only gave valentines to their friends or "crushes"....needless to say, I didn't get many valentines (boo hoo).
Anyway, my kids are practically out of school but I still like to get them a little box of chocolate...and today I'll be one of those last minute shoppers because I kept putting it off. My husband and I don't really do anything special...usually just a card for each other and sometimes lunch or dinner (we do the same on our anniversay)....but I'm not the materialistic type and I'm a perpetual dieter, so no chocolate for me. I figure, if I want something, I'll just get it myself.
Anyway....however you celebrate the holiday, I hope it's a lovely time for you.

No comments:

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews