Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy 3rd Day of the New Year!

I hope you all had a great weekend ringing in the new and tossing out the old. I think most everyone spent the time putting away their Christmas decorations. We were no exception. Funny how fast you can tear it all down. On New Years day I made our traditional dinner of black-eyed peas, cabbage, cornbread and ham. The kids all complained about it, but they ate it anyway...no one was going to chance the bad luck. I even told Becca about the superstition that if you sneeze on New Year's day you'll have good luck for the year. She really took it to heart and sneezed a jazillon times that day! Anyway, the rest of the day was spent doing much of nothing. My husband watched football all day, Adam and Manda both had to work, Jeremy played some game (WOW, I think) on the computer and Becca and I went to see The Little Fockers. It was a pretty funny movie. We planned to see Black Swan, but it was so packed and the only open seats were the ones right in front of the screen, so we passed on that movie and went to see the Fockers.
So, anyway....Becca and Jeremy went back to school today so I've had only peace and quiet all day (Manda slept in--her classes don't start for another two weeks). I was planning to try to start a new book (or jump back into an unfinished one) but I can't seem to get motivated. All the rejections of the past years have really killed my muse. :-/ I need to find another one or steal someone else's ...hmmm....I wonder where Nora Roberts' muse vacations. hah
Okay, so far my new year is a bit dull...or at least the blog is. Maybe it'll get better...my horoscope keeps telling me it will.
I guess I should go try and be productive at something. If you made it this far....wow....sorry. =D
Enjoy your day and thanks for reading. I shall attempt to post another rambling blog tomorrow.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great Holiday. And isn't it funny how fast those decorations come down. I'm always a bit melancholy doing that.
I hope I sneezed on New Years day.

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews