Friday, June 20, 2008

Meet L. Shannon...Author Extraordinaire

Hello everyone. I'm Grant. You may bow if you want but I don't get off on all that scrapping and such.

I was asked to explain the basic rules of the nine realms (L. Shannon's view of the world). Feel free to ask questions, but I may or may not answer. If you want a more guaranteed response send it directly to L. Shannon at lshannon@hotmail.com.
  • good and evil are in the eye of the beholder (yep- same as beauty)
  • power is absolute, but it is not always misused.
  • existence is only limited by imagination (this might not be true)
  • in any battle, strength is the secret to triumph. (strength is found in more than muscles ~ never underestimate strength of will)
  • the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning.

Now if you've had enough of that zen shit, let me (Grant) tell you a little about the nine realms. If I miss anything ask me on my blog (actually it's L. Shannon's but if you ask me, I'll answer and I won't sugar or shit coat it.)

  • If it's bigger or stronger than you- don't piss it off. If you do, put on your runners and haul ass, cause it will kill you or worse.
  • If you care about something, DON'T set it free. (trust me-bad idea) I recommend kissing her ass until she wants to stay.
  • When the big guy says duck, don't hesitate. He doesn't screw around, and he might find it funny if you suffer for your stupidity.
  • Friends and family. Always protect what you love, even if the cost proves too high.
  • Don't listen to me. I have been around for six thousand years and still haven't gotten it right. Find someone who has, and listen to them.

What you need to know about the nine realms.

  • The world as you know it actually has nine realities instead of one. In some cases these are drastically different (like heaven and hell kind of different). The closest you could find reference to these realms is what you humans call Norse mythology. Although the records don't get it all right, they do hit the high points.
  • There are nine primary races to which the Creator gave nine realms. Aesir, Dark Elves, Light Elves, Dwarves, Jotun, Humans, Tascryn (land of the dead), Valhalla, and Vanir.
  • Though most people seem to think this is the first age, I'm not so sure. I think that perhaps Ragnarok has come and gone a couple times, though it is only my opinion. The predictions all point to the end coming (again) and I personally hope it doesn't come too soon.


What you need to know about demons

  • Not all are bad. In fact I can be very good (really very good). You might hear about my breathren the Tascryn demons and they happen to be mostly the good kind. The Tascryn are the protectors of souls and help to maintain the balance of life in all nine realms.
    Being a Tascryn demon is mostly a thankless job. Very few people are happy to see us come to claim a soul, after all that means you either are about to die, or we are about to kill you. Our health plan is pretty good. Tascryn are extremely hard to kill and heal almost instantaniously. The vacation schedule sucks. Tascryn work 24/7 and are only allowed one vacation every thousand years. (yeah, I didn't think that was fair either)
    There is more than one kind of demon. Tascryn Demons live and work mostly in Niflheim, but a whole different kind call Abaddon home. The Abaddon Demons tend to have fewer rules and a significantly different job description.

What you need to know about werewolves.

  • The kind of werewolf that I know the most about are called Valafrn werewolves. I have grown rather fond of them over the years. The Valafrn all descended from one fellow (who wasn't quite human) named Vali. You see, Vali went and got himself cursed into his furry form, but in his case it was much worse than others kinds of werewolf curses. Vali was a wolf for all but three nights a month. He took human form for the three nights (and 2 days) of the full moon. Yeah well it sucked for him and proved to be inherited, so all his children (and he was very productive) were cursed just like him. Vali did what any loving father would do; he went to the god who cursed him and begged. (Despite his usually furry form) he didn't beg very well, but Odin helped him anyhow. Together they found a way to let Vali's children use magic to control their physical form. As it turned out, the kiddies got more than they expected and ended up powerful shapeshifters.


If you liked hanging out with me, I invite you to read Tascryn Royals 1: Of Blood and Blessings which is my story through the eyes of L. Shannon (the voyeur, LOL) Or my mother, Sadrina's book, Tascryn Royals 2: Blood Reign. I have not and will not read about my mother and Pahele. Nope. Not gonna happen.


One last thing...I shouldn't, but because I've always been a pain in his ass, I'll share a friend's page that I recently found ~ http://heartoftheserpent.blogspot.com/.

Just do me a favor and don't tell him where you got the link. Ever since I was given to him as a slave way long ago, I've been able to piss him off in all the best ways. But I know one thing and that's if the end ever comes, I will be at his side one way or the other.

~~Grant.


Oh... PS Here's Shannon's site. http://lshannon.net

If you're a voyeur too, drop by and check it out.


Visit L Shannon at these locations to learn more about her. You'll be glad you did.

L.Shannon's website
my space
news
blog
books

No comments:

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews