Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Time is Here

Wow, less than a week til Christmas and I'm not even feeling it. I guess that happens when you get old and your kids have moved on although I still have two at home and the other two are close by....Christmas just isn't the same as when they were babies and their excitement of the day was contagious.


I've been trying to find ways to get into the holiday season by decorating the house and planning the days. My daughter Becca is driving in on Monday with her roommate and they'll be spending the whole week here. Today the sidekick and I are going to pick out our tree and on Monday all the kids will be here to decorate it. Our own tree trimming party! I still have a bit of Christmas shopping to do---which I'll probably do Tuesday-- and I haven't wrapped any gifts yet....that's always a last minute thing. On Christmas Eve morning we're going to make tamales because we have a small family party that night, we'll watch a Christmas movie then play some games and the kids always like to open a gift. Christmas day, we eat a big breakfast then have our big dinner. The girls and I may go to a movie that night as well.  All in all, it'll be a fun night.


Anyway....I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Christmas!!

No comments:

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews