Friday, August 26, 2011

Time For Me to Fly

Figurative speaking that is.

On October 7, 2011 my novel Forget Me Not will officially hit the virtual bookshelf! I'm very excited....and terrified...to have this book out there for everyone to read. This book and I have gone through a lot together in the past eight years! Two agents, almost an editor and at least forty rejections from more agents and editors. But I couldn't give up on it, I wouldn't give up on it. I knew I had a great story and I was determined to prove it to whomever I needed to prove it to.

Last May, after seeking advice from the wonderfully talented and awesome friend Lauren Baratz Logsted, I dove back into the story and started fixing the things she said needed to be fixed. I then joined a critique group in my local RWA chapter (Desert Rose, Yay!) and we each set a goal to complete our novels by October. My critique partners pointed out more issues with the story that I hadn't seen....and being that I'd been reading this book for eight years, it was easy to glaze over certain inconsistencies. In November, I decided to forgo messing with editors and agents and submitted the book to an online publisher. A couple of weeks later they contacted me and said, we want to publish this. I was beyond thrilled! And so very impressed with their staff. Not only did they give me a kickass cover
they also went to work editing the story and finding more issues I didn't see. The book is so much better and stronger than it was eight years ago and I couldn't be more proud.

Now, it's time to get started on promotion...which I really don't do well with. But, in the upcoming weeks I'll be posting contests and information about the book launch part on this blog and other social networks I frequent. So, stay tuned and learn how to win some prizes!

No comments:

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews